Michael Grinder & Associates (MGA) has a responsibility to protect from disclosure to unauthorized parties the personally identifiable information (name, address, etc.) of its website users. Therefore, MGA has adopted and implemented a website security policy to protect account information of its website users.
Do not send sensitive or private information information via email. Contact our Customer Service at 360-687-3238 for further details.
Notice and Disclosures
MGA will not sell, trade, nor disclose the personally identifiable information of its website users to any unauthorized third parties.
Data Quality and Access
*Updated GDPR required disclosure to ensure that MGA is compliant.
- What personal information does MGA collect?
- The information that you give us: name and email. If you order product(s) or sign up for a course we would have other private information on you
- While you use our site and services, we collect general information of the sort that web browsers, servers and network operators typically make available. (ie IP address & time spent on pages)
- When you fill out a form or forms on our site we collect some additional info (i.e. IP address)
- We have Google Analytics and Facebook Pixels which gathers data but, we don’t store that data
- We have event tracking that logs data (i.e. when people login to the online site and what actions they take.)
- How and why does MGA collect it?
- We collect your data with your consent. When you sign up for daily quotes, fill out a stay-connected form at a training, fill out any form on our website and/or order products
- To be able to deliver a product or service to you
- Access to MGA online (resources and downloads), requested daily quotes, products and services
- Data we gather without your direct consent, non-personal information, is collected in order to monitor any unauthorized use or access to the MGA site. This information also helps us troubleshoot problems, understand how you use our site, improve our products and services and help ensure that we continue to provide the best possible experience.
- Who collects this data?
- MGA. We also have a few third-party providers who have access to it in order to provide you with specific services [listed below]
- How does MGA use the data?
- In order to deliver a products or service to you
- Communicate with you about what is going on with our company (i.e. products and services we believe you may be interested in)
- How does MGA secure the data?
- We use SSL to encrypt personal data from user to MGA. [More detail on that below under Data Security]
- WP Engine, our website server, takes several measures to secure data
- Disk write protection prevents malicious attempts to alter code on the site
- Disk write limitations allows us to track any malicious attempts to expose info
- Disallows plugins to be able to expose vulnerabilities on our site
- What Third-Parties have access?
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your information, including Personal Information and Usage Data, with third party service providers who perform various functions to enable us to provide our services and help us operate our business, such as website design, credit card processing, managing our contacts, fraud detection and prevention or performing analytics
- In order to serve you better and process data, we use the following third-party providers: Infusionsoft, Quickbooks, Authorize.net, Currie & McClain, WP-Engine, WooCommerce, Google & Facebook. Each of those third-parties acknowledge their compliance with the GDPR thus keeping your information secure
- When legally needed to provide information in order to comply with certain laws
- We do not sell or share your information with anyone [who is not listed in our third-party providers above.]
- Yes. Cookies track website activity which allows MGA to see what pages are most commonly visited.
- How you as a user can control any aspects of this:
- You are able to control your information in these ways:
- You have the right to be informed about what we will do with your information
- You have the right to object, erase* and restrict processing of your information
- You have the right to easily access your information
- You have the right of correcting your information
- You are able to control your information in these ways:
*When you exercise your right to erase your information your personal online access and all of your free and purchased content will be deleted as well.
- What is the legal basis for processing the data?
- Informed consent – You have given us direct consent or we have asked permission “can we send you more info?”
- Performance of a contract – We provide a service, we have legal reasons to contact you – strictly necessary to promise to those in that contract
- Legitimate interests – When you show legitimate interest in a product or service and we are not violating other privacy risks or laws
- How long will the data be stored for?
- Each cookie that is stored with the browser shows an expiration date on them
- The data we store is indefinite and we do not have a plan of deletion
As stated above, MGA takes all steps possible to ensure that the data on the website is accurate. If something is found to be inaccurate MGA will make every effort to correct said information as quickly as possible. If it is found to be an inaccuracy with the entire system MGA will work swiftly to correct the problem so that your web experience is as trouble-free as possible. The information contained on the MGA website is subject to change without prior advance notice. While using the MGA website certain information such as your IP Address and time spent on pages may be collected. This non-personal information is collected in order to monitor any unauthorized use or access to the MGA site. Anyone caught attempting to harm, steal information from, or otherwise damage the MGA website will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
MGA takes security very seriously and has therefore taken every precaution to secure our customers information. In order to secure the users information, MGA has implemented several security measures to prevent loss, theft, or misuse of any customer data.
Shopping online with MGA involves the transferring of personal information; MGA requires that a secure connection first be established using 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. During a secure SSL session, data passed back and forth between the user computer and MGA servers is secured through the use of public key cryptography. The user computer exchanges key information with MGA computers to create a private conversation that only the user computer and MGA systems may understand. To benefit from this security and to use many of the features on the MGA site you will need to download a 128-bit enabled browser from Microsoft, Netscape, or another software company.
When a user sends e-mail messages to MGA, the return address may be used to respond to the inquiry. The content and address contained in the message can be permanently recorded so that it can be referenced in future communications between the customer and MGA. Email is not a secure means of transmitting information.