Michael Grinder talks with Jen and Janet from the On Boys Podcast about how to use nonverbal communication (like eye contact) to connect with your sons and reach tomorrow’s men.
In this episode, Jen, Janet, & Michael discuss:
- Male vs. female perceptions of eye contact
- How to make (& use) a Feelings Wheel
- Accommodating different communication preferences
- Three variables in any negotiation
- Male & female differences in communication
- How to enlist the village to help your boys communicate
- Creating places for communication
Get nonverbal communication tips you can use in every area of life delivered to your inbox every month — sign up for Michael’s newsletter!
Links mentioned in this episode:
What Do Teenagers Want? Potted Plant Parents — NYT article referenced in this episode
Circles of Humanness –– one of Michael’s YouTube videos on how we perceive and interact with each other.
Mikey – The True Story of Michael Grinder — the poster child for ADD
Charisma: The Art of Relationships, by Michael Grinder
Circles and Chairs of Negotiation — Michael Grinder YouTube video on relationships and communication
The Nothing Box — YouTube video re the difference between male & female brains
How to Building Your Village — ON BOYS episode